Jungles, Rivers, and Mayas
Our thrilling adventure in Chiapas takes you back into Mayan culture and history, deep into the Montes Azules Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO recognized site, better known as the Lacandon Jungle, and close to Chiapa´s colonial legacy. This vibrant region will trigger your senses and your imagination. Be prepared to hold your breath at the sight of the Mayan cities of Palenque and Yaxchilán. Rediscover yourself while promenading around the colonial town of San Cristóbal de las Casas, set in a beautiful mountain valley. Prepare your palate for delicious local cuisine and connect with the sacred Lacandon Jungle.
- Hike, paddle and float through the largest biosphere reserve in Southern Mexico. Amaze yourself by Chiapas´ wildlife, Mayan archaeological sites and colonial cities.
- The perfect mix of adventure, culture and nature: Chiapas has it all; and this trip will prove why this state in southern Mexico, which is 30% larger than all of Costa Rica, is the next up and coming world adventure travel destination.
- Explore the largest biosphere reserve in México, Montes Azules.
- Take breathless hikes through the pristine Chiapanec rainforest.
- Cruise the Lacantún river, self-float on the Tzendales, and motor canoe the Usumacinta river, the "freeways" of Mayan civilization, while howler monkeys, scarlet macaws (guacamayas), toucans, crocodiles, tapir and potentially jaguar, will keep you company.
- Visit the amazing ancient Mayan sites of Yaxchilán and Palenque which date to the 7th and 8th centuries AC.
- Enjoy a trip back in time while experiencing the colonial beauty of San Cristobal de las Casas. Overnight at the posh Na-bolom hotel and the Hacienda El Parador at Comitán.
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Full Accommodation (twin shared): 4 hotel
nights, 3 adventure lodge nights
- Proper Equipment
- All activities on itinerary
- Internal Land Transportation
- Airport Transfers
Pricing Per Person
2 $ 2,555 USD
3 to 6 $ 2,345 USD
7 to 9$ 2,097 USD
More than 9$ 1,855 USD