THE OTHER BAJA
Grey Whale and Sea Turtle Adventure
Embark on this 7-day expedition and travel to scenic Magdalena Bay on the Pacific coast of the Baja California peninsula. Take part in a sea turtle conservation project recognized around the world as a model for community based conservation. From the secluded base camp on a tiny shell-covered island, learn about the importance of the green sea turtle's survival and the role local fishermen play in the species' recovery, before heading out on board "pangas" and kayaks to capture and release turtles after recording vital data. To make this experience even more memorable, you'll have the opportunity to watch the grey whales that during winter make Magdalena Bay their breeding haven. This trip is ideal for adventure travelers with an interest in nature, conservation and cultural interaction. And if we may say so… one of the best family adventures in the world!.
- Be part of the most successful sea turtle conservation projects in the world…help the experts record vital data about this magnificent animal.
- Camp in a breathtaking tiny shell-covered island and watch the whales swim by while you taste exquisite seafood, caught that day.
- Explore Magdalena Bay in search of grey whales…hundreds of them.
- Paddle through the mangroves and feel free while rolling down a sand dune.
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- Full Accommodation (twin shared): 4 camping
nights, 2 hotel nights
- Proper Equipment
- All activities on itinerary
- Internal Land Transportation
- Airport Transfers
Hotel Costa BajaTAKE A LOOK
Island camping with comfortable amenities. Tents are equipped with either two singles or one double mattress with linens and pillows. Toilet and shower facilities are environmentally friendly and integrated in the landscape
Pricing Per Person
3$ 1,800 USD
4 to 6$ 1,700 USD
7 to 9$ 1,500 USD
More than 9$ 1,500 USD
Bring the Kids!: $150 child discount(ages 10-15, child sharing a room with 2 adults)